// you’re reading...

VIVA el CINCO DE MAYO! Top 5 U.S. Celebrations

Mexican FlagThe 5th of May is not Mexican Independence Day, but it should be! And Cinco de Mayo is not an American holiday, but it should be. On the morning of May 5, 1862 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City in a fight for freedom and liberty!

This marks the 156th year! So on this Cinco de Mayo let us tell you where the top 5 celebrations are happening!

Cinco de Mayo Celebrations in the USA

1) Denver, Colorado – lasting two days, the Cinco de Mayo Celebrate Culture Festival attracts 400,000 people. Hear live Mexican regional, Spanish rock, Latin jazz, salsa, ranchero, Tex-Mex, and Chicano rock music outdoors.

2) Chicago, Illinois – Douglas Park draws as many as 200,000 people to its colorful Cinco de Mayo celebration that includes a festival, musical events, food booths, games, kids area, and cultural displays.

3) San Antonio, Texas – Cinco de Mayo festival with music and food, concerts and other commemorations takes place at historic Market Square.

4) San Marco, Texas – this Cinco de Mayo celebration of culture includes Miss Cinco de Mayo and Little Miss Cinco pageants, a parade, and salsa/hot sauce contest, a statewide menudo cookoff, and lots of musical entertainment.

5) San Diego, California – there’s live Cinco de Mayo entertainment at Bazaar del Mundo in Old Town and a maracas-and-margaritas Cinco de Mayo blow-out in Gaslamp.

Cinco Parade

Personally I will celebrating Cinco de Mayo right here in St. Louis…didn’t know we had those types of celebrations did you? Fooled you.

Let us know how you celebrated!

Picture courtesy of Ellen Gailing Photography

Discussion

Comments are disallowed for this post.

1. Thanks for another informative blog. The place else may I am getting that type of info written in such
    a perfect means? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

Posted by Nellie Swarb | November 14, 2013, 3:45 pm
  2. I like it wheո peopple сome tοgether and share ideas.
    Greɑt website, continu tɦe good ѡork!

Visit my weblog :: cheap car insurance quotes online

Posted by cheap car insurance quotes online | January 18, 2014, 3:59 pm
  3. We have all had a moment when we sat on a toilet bored out of our minds and felt completely unproductive.
    You can also decorate the whole floor or a portion
    of the party area with green carpet. In a candy crush saga cheats free download bar fundraiser you provide students with boxes or bags of candy crush saga hack cheat engine which they can sell to fellow students, family and friends.

Posted by candy crush astuces | January 29, 2014, 4:44 pm
  4. These things are crucial because once you upload things,
    they will automatically show up in the news feed of your contacts.
    ‘It seems like, to me, a vagina, as a man, would be more desirable than a man’s anus.
    Utilizing Facebook contests to encourage users too interact and talk about your
    company is a great wway to draw the interest of nnew customers.

Posted by Raina | January 31, 2014, 4:40 pm
  5. When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
    Thank you!

my web page cold

Posted by cold | February 9, 2014, 5:19 pm
  6. Each time you start our Facebook Farmville game up, you
    find your Farmville character standing in the center of
    their farm. But, I consider tthat most gamerss want to get it for totally free instead.
    On the subject of keeping your life and information private,
    yyou must have to stick to a couple hard guidelines as you search for Farmville cheats.

Posted by Ava | February 13, 2014, 7:40 pm
  7. Just desire to say your article is ass amazing. The clearness to your publish is just spectacular and i can think you’re an expert
    on this subject. Well along with your permission let me to clutch your
    RSS feed to keep updcated with impending post.
    Thanks a milion and please carry on the gratifying work.

Feeel free to surf to my blog post Cheats for clash of clans

Posted by Cheats for clash of clans | February 16, 2014, 8:39 am
  8. Right here are some Farmville Suggestions annd Tricks too help you grow to be a Farmville tycoon in no time.

Candy Crush Saga is a game that was release oon Apriul
    12, 2012 for Facebook, and then released oon November
    14, 2012 for smartphones. Not alll bots are malicious but utilizing any bot is in opposition to the terms
    of company for Farrm – Ville.

Posted by farmville 2 cheat engine | February 17, 2014, 8:39 pm
  9. New York boxing scribe Michael Marley was one of the men in doubt,
    noting that ‘This is Mayweather’s idea of a nifty curveball.
    Music, art and verbal litersture help to reinforce
    religious and their social patterns. If the battle had been a siege that length would have been understandable.

Posted by clash of clans hack | February 18, 2014, 12:40 pm
  10. I was curious if you ever considered changing the page layout of your site?

Its very well written; I love what youve got to
    say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.

Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.

Maybe you could space it out better?

Posted by fifa 14 generator points for free | February 18, 2014, 6:38 pm